Search Hotels in Monaghan
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 2 Sep 2020
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Monaghan, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Welcoming and relaxing, this city attracts tourists with its spas and bars. In Monaghan, there are 4 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Monaghan
Families come for attractions such as Rally School Ireland, Sam More Open Farm and Wildlife and Heritage Centre. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Monaghan County Museum and Church Square.
Below is a top accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Hillgrove Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Dressing for Monaghan
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 14°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Monaghan gets about 850.90 millimetres of rain per year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 18°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C