Midland's accommodation options make it a great destination for budget-minded travellers and visitors will enjoy the restaurants and bars. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and walkable, riverfront city can discover its shopping, coffeehouses, and beaches.
- Though not directly in Midland, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- June is the most expensive month to travel here, while May tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Perth, WA (PER), 4.2 mi (6.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Midland
- Wine tasting is one of the top activities, while Sandalford Winery, Houghton Winery, and Lilac Hill Estate are favourite sights to visit
- Perth Mint and SCITECH Discovery Centre are popular cultural attractions
- The riverfront and beach highlight the natural beauty, and Kings Park and Botanic Garden, Hyde Park, and Swan River Foreshore Trail are some places worth a visit
- Cheer with the crowd at a game or event at WACA Ground or Subiaco Oval
Midland is adjacent to Guildford. Top sights in the area include Kings Park War Memorial and University of Western Australia.
Getting around Midland
Midland has plenty of options for transportation. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Midland Station.
Dressing for Midland
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 32°C and the nighttime average to be 14°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July through September averages 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 30°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Midland is 760 millimetres