Visitors give high marks for the shopping in Midland, which is also known for its sporting events and entertainment. Tourists can also enjoy the city's art, museums and cafes.
- There are 154 hotels and other accommodation options in Midland
- The closest major airport is in Midland, TX (MAF-Midland Intl.), 8.7 mi (14 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Midland
Cultural venues in the city include Permian Basin Petroleum Museum, Wagner Noel Performing Arts Center and Museum of the Southwest. The city is notable for landmarks like Ace Arena, George W. Bush Childhood Home and Haley Memorial Library and History Center. The city's natural beauty is on display at Odessa Meteor Crater, Lakeside Park and Big Spring State Park.
In West Odessa, you can choose from 154 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Residence Inn Odessa - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Homewood Suites by Hilton Midland, TX - Our customers like the family-friendly amenities and overall value at this hotel. With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen.
- Residence Inn by Marriott Midland - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchen. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Dressing for Midland
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 0°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 36°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 36°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and night-time averages of 0°C
- Midland gets about 374 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 35°C, whereas January and December are often coldest, averaging 0°C