Visitors to Marktheidenfeld are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's golf courses and monuments. Top sights around the area include Fortress Marienberg, Wuerzburg Cathedral and Wuerzburg Residence.
- There are 6 hotels and other accommodation options in Marktheidenfeld
- The closest major airport is in Frankfurt (FRA-Frankfurt Intl.), 46.6 mi (75 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Marktheidenfeld
A couple of favourite places to visit are St. Laurentius Church and Main-Spessart Golfclub. In the area, you'll also find Fortress Marienberg and Wuerzburg Cathedral.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 6 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Marktheidenfeld. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel zur Waldbrücke - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and helpful staff.
- Hotel Anker - Our customers love the breakfast and clean rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a winery and a golf course, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Spessarttor - Villa Italia - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
A top sight in the surrounding area is Wuerzburg Residence, located 16.9 mi (27.1 km) from the heart of the city.
Dressing for Marktheidenfeld
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 10°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, whilst the average at night is 2°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 16°C and night-time averages of -2°C
- Marktheidenfeld gets about 23 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 22°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C