Visitors can enjoy all that Madeira has to offer including its restaurants. Around the area, top sights include Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, Krohn Conservatory and Cincinnati Art Museum.
- There are 342 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area
- The closest major airport is in Cincinnati, OH (LUK-Cincinnati Municipal - Lunken Field), 6.4 mi (10.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hamilton, OH (HAO-Butler County Regional), 14.5 mi (23.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Madeira
Notable places to visit in the larger region include Cincinnati Zoo and Botanical Garden, Krohn Conservatory and Cincinnati Art Museum. In the area, you'll also find Jack Cincinnati Casino and Newport Aquarium.
As you plan your holiday to Madeira, your ideal accommodation may not be in the city centre but there are 192 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Millennium Cincinnati is located 9.6 mi (15.5 km) from the heart of Madeira. Guests who stay at this 3.5-star hotel in Cincinnati can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its proximity to shopping and comfortable rooms.
- LivINN Hotel Cincinnati / Sharonville Convention Center is 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from central Madeira. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Cincinnati can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and comfortable, quiet rooms.
- Radisson Hotel Cincinnati Riverfront is 10.5 mi (16.9 km) from the centre of Madeira. This 3.5-star hotel in Covington features 2 restaurants, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its bar and central location.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include U.S. Bank Arena, located 9.3 mi (14.9 km) from the city centre, and Great American Ball Park, which is 9.5 mi (15.2 km) away.
Dressing for Madeira
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 16°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and -5°C at night
- Madeira gets about 1067 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -4°C