Visitors can enjoy all that Macapa has to offer including the museums, waterfront and parks. Tourists can also enjoy the city's theatres, monuments and shopping.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Macapa
- The closest major airport is in Macapa (MCP-Macapa Intl.), 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Macapa
Cultural venues in the city include Sacaca Museum, Museu do Desenvolvimento Sustentavel and Bacabeiras Theater. Notable city landmarks like Marco Zero and Fortress of Sao Jose de Macapa might be worth a visit. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Craftsman House is a favourite for retail therapy.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 20 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Macapa. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Frota Palace Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Hotel do Forte - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi.
- Mara Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a 24-hour front desk.
Dressing for Macapa
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 25°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 31°C, whilst the average at night is 23°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 29°C with night-time averages of 23°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 30°C and night-time averages of 24°C
- Macapa gets about 34 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually March and April are the hottest months with an average of 31°C, whereas August and July are often coldest, averaging 23°C