Visitors to Lund are sure to enjoy the university setting. Tourists can also enjoy the city's cathedral, museums and parks. Around the area, top sights include St Petri Kyrka, Malmo Town Hall (Radhuset) and Lilla Torg.
- You'll find 130 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Malmo
- The closest major airport is in Malmo (MMX-Sturup), 13.1 mi (21 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Copenhagen (CPH-Kastrup), 21.8 mi (35.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lund
The city's cultural venues include Kulturen and Skissernas Museum. The city's natural beauty is on display at Lund Botanical Gardens, Lund City Park and Fossilparken. The university setting is a highlight of the city and Lund University is worth a campus tour.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 32 hotels and other lodging options available to select from in Lund. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Clarion Collection Hotel Planetstaden - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
- Magles Smiley Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this B&B. This 3-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and a terrace.
- Radisson Blu Hotel, Lund - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, top places to visit include St Petri Kyrka, 9.9 mi/16 km from the heart of the city, and Malmo Town Hall (Radhuset), which is 10.1 mi (16.2 km) away.
Getting around Lund
If you'd like to explore more of the area, ride aboard a train from Lund Central Station, Lund Gunnesbo Station or Lund Stangby Station. Lund might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Lund
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 7°C and the night-time average to be -3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 20°C during the day and 1°C at night
- July to September averages 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 13°C during the day and -1°C at night
- Lund gets about 26 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 20°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of -2°C