Visitors can enjoy all that Lucknow has to offer including the monuments, university setting and gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's water parks, zoo and temples. A top sight in the city is Lucknow Zoo.
- There are 276 hotels and other accommodation options in Lucknow
- The closest major airport is in Lucknow (LKO-Amausi Intl.), 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Kanpur (KNU-Chakeri), 40.2 mi (64.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lucknow
The city is notable for landmarks like Residency, dream world and Bara Imambara. The university setting is a highlight of the city and La Martiniere is worth a campus tour. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lucknow Zoo and K.D. Singh Babu Stadium.
In Malihabad, you can choose from 276 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning easier for your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hyatt Regency Lucknow - Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Gomti Nagar can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
- Renaissance Lucknow Hotel - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 5-star hotel in Gomti Nagar can enjoy access to 3 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Fortune Park BBD- Member ITC Hotel Group - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and proximity to shopping.
Getting around Lucknow
With so many ways to get around, exploring Lucknow is a breeze. Head over to Sachivalaya Station to catch the metro. If you want to venture outside the area, hop on a train at Lucknow Railway Station.
Dressing for Lucknow
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 35°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 41°C during the day and 18°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 36°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 33°C as the daytime average and 7°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Lucknow is 995.90 millimetres
- May and June are usually the hottest months averaging 39°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 8°C