Visiting Luang Prabang
Travellers to Luang Prabang give high marks for the riverfront and local tours. Cultural and cosy, this city will delight tourists with its waterfalls, temples and cafes. Top sights in the city include Night Market, Morning Market and Kuang Si Falls.
- There are 234 hotels and other accommodation options in Luang Prabang
- The closest major airport is in Luang Prabang (LPQ-Luang Prabang Intl.), 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Luang Prabang
The city's cultural venues include Royal Palace Museum and Traditional Arts and Ethnology Centre. The city is notable for its temples and landmarks like Royal Palace, Wat Mai, and Vat Visounnarath. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the waterfalls and these places to visit: Kuang Si Falls, Mount Phu Si and Elephant Village.
Other top sights in Luang Prabang include Night Market and Morning Market.
Dressing for Luang Prabang
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 31°C and the night-time average to be 11°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 20°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 29°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Luang Prabang gets about 1618 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and May with an average temperature of 31°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 11°C