Visiting Lord Howe Island
Visitors to Lord Howe Island are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's seafood restaurants, gardens and golf courses.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Lord Howe Island
- The closest major airport is in Lord Howe Island, NSW (LDH), 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Lord Howe Island
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Lagoon Beach, Middle Beach and Neds Beach. Additionally, you can explore the sights and enjoy the activities in the larger area.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 8 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Lord Howe Island. Listed here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Somerset Apartments Lord Howe Island is located 2.3 mi (3.8 km) from the city centre. Guests who stay at this 3-star apartment in Lord Howe Island can enjoy access to a free airport shuttle and laundry facilities, along with an in-room kitchenette. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and overall value.
- Milky Way Villas is located in the heart of Lord Howe Island. Guests who stay at this 3-star holiday home in Lord Howe Island can enjoy access to free parking and a free airport shuttle, along with a private patio. Our customers love its breakfast and quiet location.
- Leanda Lei - Lord Howe Island is 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from the city's heart. This 3-star hotel in Lord Howe Island features free parking, a free airport shuttle and a library. Our customers like its dining options and beach locale.
Dressing for Lord Howe Island
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 16°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 7°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of 12°C
- Lord Howe Island gets about 1478 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually February and January are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas July and August are often coldest, averaging 8°C