Visitors can enjoy all that Lincoln has to offer including its monuments. There are 769 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Ruidoso, NM (RUI-Sierra Blanca Regional), 8.5 mi (13.7 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Lincoln
A favourite place to visit in the city is Lincoln State Monument. In the area, you'll also find Ruidoso Downs Racetrack and Hubbard Museum of the American West.
As you start planning for your getaway to Lincoln, you might not find an accommodation in the city centre, but you can select from 769 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the region:
- Motel 6 Ruidoso is located 18.2 mi (29.4 km) from the heart of Lincoln. This 2-star motel in Ruidoso features an indoor pool, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its proximity to shopping.
- Ruidoso Mountain Inn is 18.1 mi (29.1 km) from central Lincoln. This 2.5-star hotel in Ruidoso features free breakfast, free WiFi and a fitness centre. Our customers like its overall value and pool.
- Quality Inn & Suites - Ruidoso Hwy 70 is 18 mi (28.9 km) from the centre of Lincoln. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Ruidoso can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Our customers like its overall value and convenient parking.
Dressing for Lincoln
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -6°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 28°C during the day and 5°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Lincoln is 554.70 millimetres
- June and July are usually the hottest months averaging 27°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -5°C