Visitors can enjoy all that Leh has to offer including the temples, lakeside setting and monuments. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its mountain views.
- There are 229 hotels and other accommodation options in Leh
- The closest major airport is in Leh (IXL-Kushok Bakula Rinpoche), 28.4 mi (45.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Leh
Attractions like Thiksey Monastery, Phyang Monastery and Lamayuru Monastery (Yuru Gompa) are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Hemis Monastery, Shanti Stupa and Spitok Gompa. The city's natural beauty is on display at Hemis National Park, Pangong Tso and Puga Hotsprings.
As you start planning for your getaway to Leh, you might not find an accommodation centrally located, but you can choose from 11 lodging options within the bigger area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- OYO 40939 White House Bnb is located 28.1 mi (45.2 km) from the heart of Leh. This hotel in Leh features free breakfast and free WiFi.
- Stok Palace Heritage is 27.9 mi (44.8 km) from central Leh. This 4-star hotel in Leh features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and beach locale.
- OYO 29314 Elita Guest House is 26.2 mi (42.2 km) from the centre of Leh. This 4-star hotel in Leh features free breakfast, free parking and a terrace.
Dressing for Leh
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 16°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Leh is 670 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while January and December are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -2°C