Visitors to Leeds are sure to enjoy the shopping. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and golf courses. Birmingham Botanical Gardens, Sloss Furnaces and Vulcan Statue are some of the top sights around the area.
- You'll find 157 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Birmingham
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham, AL (BHM-Birmingham Intl.), 11.1 mi (17.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Leeds
Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to The Outlet Shops of Grand River and Bama Flea Mall & Antique Center. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Barber Motorsports Park and Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 6 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Leeds. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hampton Inn Birmingham Leeds - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and proximity to shopping.
- Days Inn by Wyndham Leeds - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Bass Hotel & Suites - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Birmingham Botanical Gardens, 12.2 mi/19.7 km from the city centre, and Sloss Furnaces, which is 13 mi (20.9 km) away.
Dressing for Leeds
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 22°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 32°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 15°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 27°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Leeds gets about 1364 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of 2°C