Visiting Las Cruces
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Las Cruces, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants, shopping and university vibe. This city also attracts tourists with its live music. Top sights in the city include Western Playland Amusement Park, White Sands National Monument and Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino.
- There are 85 hotels and other accommodation options in Las Cruces
- The closest major airport is in El Paso, TX (ELP-El Paso Intl.), 46.4 mi (74.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Alamogordo, NM (ALM-White Sands Regional), 55.5 mi (89.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Las Cruces
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include Las Cruces Museum of Art, Las Cruces Museum of Fine Arts and Culture and New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum. Favourite family attractions include Western Playland Amusement Park and War Eagles Air Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Mesilla Valley Mall is a favourite for retail therapy.
In Mesilla, you can choose from 85 accommodation choices and hotels so you can easily organise your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Comfort Suites Las Cruces I - 25 North - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free parking and a spa tub. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and convenient parking.
- Home2 Suites by Hilton Las Cruces - Our customers like the overall value and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with an in-room kitchenette.
- Drury Inn & Suites Las Cruces - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and overall value.
Other top sights in Las Cruces include White Sands National Monument and Sunland Park Racetrack and Casino.
Dressing for Las Cruces
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 23°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 36°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 36°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 29°C as the daytime average and -2°C as the night-time average
- About 11 millimetres of rain falls on Las Cruces each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 35°C, while December and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C