Visitors can enjoy all that Larissa has to offer including the museums, opera houses and entertainment choices. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, rivers and archaeological sites.
- There are 11 hotels and other accommodation options in Larissa
- The closest major airport is in Volos (VOL), 34.5 mi (55.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Larissa
The city's cultural venues include Archaeological Museum of Larissa and Historical Folklore Museum. Notable city landmarks like Theatre of Larissa and Church of Agios Achilios might be worth a visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Alkazar Park and Alkazar Stadium.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Larissa. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Dionissos Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a business centre, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- Divani Palace Larissa - Our customers like the helpful staff and proximity to shopping at this hotel. With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free Internet.
Getting around Larissa
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Larissa Station. Larissa might not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Larissa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 17°C and the night-time average to be 0°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 33°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 33°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 1°C at night
- Larissa gets about 446 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 32°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 1°C