Visiting Lake Harmony
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Lake Harmony, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting. This city also attracts tourists with its water parks, skiing and golf courses. Around the area, top sights include Pocono Raceway, Camelback Ski Area and Camelbeach Mountain Waterpark.
- There are 137 hotels and other accommodation options in Lake Harmony
- The closest major airport is in Wilkes-Barre, PA (AVP-Scranton Intl.), 20.1 mi (32.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Allentown, PA (ABE-Lehigh Valley Intl.), 29.8 mi (47.9 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Lake Harmony
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the lakes and these places to visit: Lake Harmony, Big Boulder Lake and Boulder Field. Top activities include skiing and golfing, while Big Boulder Ski Area is one place to visit. Additionally, you might want to add Lake Shangri-La to your agenda.
Below is a top place to stay based on Expedia user reviews:
- Lake Harmony Inn - This 2.5-star hotel features 4 restaurants, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and quiet location.
Popular places to see outside the city include Pocono Raceway, 5.8 mi/9.4 km from the city centre, and Camelback Ski Area, which is 13.8 mi (22.2 km) away.
Dressing for Lake Harmony
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 9°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -9°C
- From April to June, the average is 25°C during the day and -1°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 26°C during the day and 7°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 17°C as the daytime average and -8°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Lake Harmony is 1238 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 25°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -8°C