Families will find kid-friendly activities in Kloten, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants and shopping. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its sporting events and cafes. Top sights around the area include Shopping Center Glatt, Zoo Zurich and Swiss National Museum.
- You'll find 353 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Zürich
- The closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kloten
A favourite place to visit in the city is Hallen und Freibad Kloten. In the area, you'll also find Shopping Center Glatt and Zoo Zurich.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 9 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Kloten. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Hotel Allegra Zurich Airport - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and a fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its family-friendly amenities and breakfast.
- Radisson Blu Hotel Zurich Airport - Our customers like the bar and central location at this hotel. With a stay at this 4.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and a 24-hour fitness centre, along with free WiFi.
- Hotel Fly Away Zurich Airport - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
In the surrounding area, popular places to see include Swiss National Museum, located 5.9 mi (9.4 km) from the city centre, and Kunsthaus Zurich, which is 6.3 mi/10.1 km away.
Getting around Kloten
With so many choices for transport, seeing Kloten is a breeze. You can access metro transport at Zurich Airport Freight Tram Stop, Zurich Airport Tram Stop and Kloten Balsberg Tram Stop. To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Kloten Station or Zurich Airport Station.
Dressing for Kloten
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- Kloten gets about 1090 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C