Visitors will appreciate the restaurants, shopping, and zoo in Opfikon. Welcoming and walkable, this countryside city will also delight visitors with its museums, sporting events, and bars.
- There are 10 Opfikon hotels
- September is the most expensive month to travel here, while December tends to be the cheapest
- Closest major airport is in Zurich (ZRH), 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Opfikon
- Museums and live music are well-known in the area, and attractions include Swiss National Museum, Kunsthaus Zurich, and Swiss Science Center Technorama
- The forests and countryside highlight the natural beauty, and MFO-Park, Lake Katzensee, and Lakeside Promenade are some places worth a visit
- Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Shopping Center Glatt and Bahnhofstrasse
- Soccer fans will find lots to cheer about while everyone can enjoy an event or game at Hallenstadion, Letzigrund Stadium, or Eishalle Deutweg
Opfikon is adjacent to Kloten. Popular sights in the area include Zoo Zurich and Fraumuenster.
Getting around Opfikon
Opfikon has many options for getting around. Take advantage of metro transit at Opfikon S-Bahn, Glattbrugg Tram Stop, or Glattbrugg S-Bahn.
Staying in Opfikon
With 10 hotels and other accommodation types to choose from, Opfikon offers holiday retreats at affordable prices. There are 10 hotels ranging from GBP 71 to GBP 202 per night. For family trips or any other travel plans, you might consider these top-rated, larger hotels:
- Kameha Grand Zurich, Autograph Collection, averaging GBP 252.8/night
- Mövenpick Hotel Zuerich-Airport, averaging GBP 163.45/night
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like these highly rated smaller hotels or specialty properties:
- Hotel Airport Zürich, averaging GBP 113.47/night
- Apart-Hotel operated by Hilton, averaging GBP 123.69/night
Hotel Airport Zürich, a 3-star favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 4.3 out of 5 user rating. Also highly rated by guests are Kameha Grand Zurich, Autograph Collection and Mövenpick Hotel Zuerich-Airport.
Dressing for Opfikon
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and -2°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 25°C with nighttime averages of 10°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and nighttime averages of 0°C
- About 37 millimetres of rain falls on Opfikon each year