Killarney Hotels, Kerry
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
You could be seeing lower prices
Reviewed on 10 Mar 2020
History buffs will enjoy exploring Killarney, and visitors give high marks for the live music scene, entertainment choices and local tours. This scenic city also attracts tourists with its parks. Top sights in the city include INEC Killarney, Ross Castle and Killarney National Park.
- There are 113 hotels and other accommodation options in Killarney
- The closest major airport is in Killarney (KIR-Kerry), 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Cahirciveen (CHE-Reeroe), 32.1 mi (51.6 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Killarney
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include INEC Killarney, Muckross House and Knockreer Estate. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Ross Castle, St. Mary's Cathedral, and Muckross Abbey. The parks and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Killarney National Park, Lough Leane and Torc Waterfall.
In Kenmare, there are 113 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Below are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Europe Hotel & Resort - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 3 restaurants, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its location and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Muckross Park Hotel & Spa - Our customers like the helpful staff and comfortable beds at this hotel. This 5-star hotel features a full-service spa, 2 restaurants and free breakfast.
- Old Weir Lodge - With a stay at this 4-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Gap of Dunloe, 6.1 mi/9.9 km from the heart of the city, and Aqua Dome, which is 16.6 mi (26.6 km) away.
Getting around Killarney
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Killarney Station, Farranfore Station or Rathmore Station. Killarney might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Killarney
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 12°C and the night-time average to be 3°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 19°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 19°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 16°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Killarney gets about 918 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 19°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 3°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Killarney?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Killarney, will I receive a refund?
What's the best accommodation for a budget-friendly stay in Killarney?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Killarney?
What's the best accommodation for couples in Killarney?
What's the best pet-friendly place to stay in Killarney?
What's the best hotel for a beach holiday in Killarney?
What's the best luxury place to stay in Killarney?
What's the best boutique hotel in Killarney?
What's the best golf hotel in Killarney?
What's the best hotel in Killarney that's close to historical sites?
Killarney Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Killarney by Star Rating
- Hotels near Killarney Airports
- Accommodation near Killarney Attractions
- More accommodation types in Killarney
- Choose Your Killarney Hotel Style
- Search Killarney Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Killarney
- Hotels Near Killarney, County Kerry
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends