History buffs will enjoy exploring Kilkenny, and visitors give high marks for the lively bar scene. This welcoming city also attracts tourists with its live music and local tours. Top sights in the city include Kilkenny Castle and Nowlan Park.
- There are 28 hotels and other accommodation options in Kilkenny
- The closest major airport is in Waterford (WAT), 32.7 mi (52.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Kilkenny
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include The Hub, Rothe House and National Craft Gallery. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Kilkenny Castle, Butler House, and St Mary's Cathedral. Taking a tour is just one of the top activities, while Nowlan Park and Kilkenny Golf Course are sights to visit.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Kilkenny. Here you'll find highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Auburndale Bed & Breakfast - With a stay at this 3-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Kilkenny Hibernian Hotel - Our customers like the convenient parking and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. This 4-star hotel in Kilkenny City Centre features a restaurant, free WiFi and 2 bars.
- Kilkenny Ormonde Hotel - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Kilkenny City Centre can enjoy access to a full-service spa and 2 restaurants, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its family-friendly amenities and dining options.
Getting around Kilkenny
If you want to explore the larger area, hop aboard a train at Kilkenny Station. Kilkenny might not have as many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Kilkenny
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 11°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 2°C
- From April to June, the average is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 19°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 15°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- About 803.80 millimetres of rain falls on Kilkenny each year
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 19°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C