Families and budget-minded travellers enjoy visiting Jasper though all visitors are sure to find plenty to see and do. Tourists can also enjoy the city's its breweries, football games and monuments.
- There are 18 hotels and other accommodation options in Jasper
- The closest major airport is in Birmingham, AL (BHM-Birmingham Intl.), 36.4 mi (58.6 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Jasper
The city's natural beauty is on display at Lewis Smith Lake, Gamble Park and Walker County Lake Park. Additionally, you might want to add Jasper City Hall to your agenda.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 18 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Jasper. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Holiday Inn Express Jasper - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, quiet rooms.
- Hampton Inn Jasper - Our customers like the breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Sleep Inn & Suites Jasper I-22 - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Jasper
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 21°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -2°C
- From April to June, the average is 32°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 33°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and -1°C as the night-time average
- Jasper gets about 1516 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 32°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -1°C