Visitors to Jaffna are sure to enjoy the restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy the city's temples, bars and festivals. In Jaffna, there are 28 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from.
Sightseeing and Staying in Jaffna
The city is notable for landmarks like Sri Nagavihara International Buddhist Centre, Jaffna Clock Tower and Our Lady of Refuge Church. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Jaffna Vegetable Market is a favourite for retail therapy. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Jaffna Fort and Jaffna Public Library.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Jaffna. These are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Jetwing Jaffna - This 4-star hotel features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its dining options and breakfast.
- North Gate by Jetwing - Our customers like the dining options and beach locale at this hotel. With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- VALAMPURI HOTEL - This 3.5-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Jaffna
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 38°C during the day and 23°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 40°C, whilst the average at night is 27°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 38°C with night-time averages of 27°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 35°C and night-time averages of 24°C
- About 838 millimetres of rain falls on Jaffna each year
- Usually May and April are the hottest months with an average of 39°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 23°C