History buffs will enjoy a visit to Ishioka, though all visitors are sure to appreciate the museums, monuments, and library. Visitors can also indulge in everything this welcoming, walkable city has to offer, including its shopping, restaurants, and natural parks.
- Though not directly in Ishioka, you'll find Expedia hotels in the surrounding area
- Closest major airport is in Ibaraki (IBR), 11.8 mi (19 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Ishioka
- Golfing, taking an adventure tour, and wine tasting are top activities, while sights to visit include Ibaraki Flower Park, Kitayama Park, and Kasama Tsutsuji Park
- Museums and art are well-known in the area, and attractions include Ishioka City Folk Museum, Tsuchiura City Museum, and Ibaraki Ceramic Art Museum
- The natural beauty of the parks is picturesque, and places to visit include Kasumigaura Park, Ottonuma Park, and Kasumigaura Fureai Land Waterpark
- Shopping is a favourite activity, so consider an excursion to Aeon Mall Tsuchiura and Aeon Mall Tsukuba
Getting around Ishioka
Ishioka has many options for getting around. To explore the surrounding area, jump aboard a train at Ishioka Station or Ishioka Takahama Station.
Dressing for Ishioka
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 14°C and the nighttime average to be -1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July through September averages 29°C during the day and 16°C at night
- In October–December, the average temperature is 23°C during the day and 0°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Ishioka is 40 millimetres