Search Irvine Hotels, California
Search over 1 million properties and 550 airlines worldwide
Free cancellation on most hotels. Because flexibility matters.
Reviewed on 1 Dec 2019
Reviewed on 14 Jun 2020
Reviewed on 10 Aug 2020
Reviewed on 15 Jul 2020
Reviewed on 18 Sep 2020
Where to stay in Irvine
4.5/5Wonderful!(4 area reviews)
If you're spending some time in Airport Area, Irvine Museum and Boomers are top sights worth seeing.
While there might not be top attractions in Oak Creek, you can explore the larger area and discover places like Orange County Great Park and Strawberry Farms Golf Club.
El Camino Real
While El Camino Real isn't home to many top sights, Irvine Spectrum Center and Orange County Great Park are some notable places to visit nearby.
Travellers to Irvine give high marks for the abundant coffee shops, shopping and top-notch restaurants. This city also attracts tourists with its university setting, entertainment and live music. Top sights in the city include Irvine Spectrum Center, Orange County Great Park and FivePoint Amphitheatre.
- There are 168 hotels and other accommodation options in Irvine
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 5.5 mi (8.8 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 17.9 mi (28.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Irvine
Well known for its live music scene, the city's cultural venues include FivePoint Amphitheatre, Bren Events Center and Irvine Museum. The city is well liked for its places to shop, and Irvine Spectrum Center is a favourite for retail therapy. University life is a highlight in the city and campuses to tour include University of California-Irvine and Concordia University.
Other top sights in Irvine include Orange County Great Park. Outside the city, popular places to see include Santa Ana Zoo, located 6 mi (9.7 km) from the heart of the city, and Segerstrom Center for the Arts, which is 6.7 mi/10.9 km away.
Getting around Irvine
To see more of the larger area, ride aboard one of the trains from Irvine Transportation Center. Irvine might not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Irvine
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 23°C and the night-time average to be 8°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 27°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 28°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Irvine gets about 331.40 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually August and September with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are December and January with an average of 8°C
Frequently asked questions
What's the best place to stay in Irvine?
If I need to cancel my hotel reservation in Irvine, will I receive a refund?
What's the best place to stay on a budget in Irvine?
What's the best accommodation option for families in Irvine?
What's the best pet-friendly hotel in Irvine?
What's the best place to stay to stay near the beach in Irvine?
What's the best luxury accommodation option in Irvine?
What's the best boutique accommodation in Irvine?
What's the best golf hotel in Irvine?
Irvine Hotel Reviews
More trip options
- Hotels in Irvine by Star Rating
- Hotels near Irvine Airports
- Areas of Irvine
- Accommodation near Irvine Attractions
- More accommodation types in Irvine
- Choose Your Irvine Hotel Style
- Search Irvine Hotel Brands
- Most Popular Hotels in Irvine
- Hotels Near Irvine, California
- Hotel Deals in Other Destinations
- Expedia's Latest Trends