Guests will want to experience the restaurants, coffeehouses and beaches in Igoumenitsa. Visitors can also indulge in all the fine qualities that this welcoming, walkable and seaside city has to offer, including its library, bars and shopping.
- There are 24 Igoumenitsa hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas February is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Corfu (CFU-Ioannis Kapodistrias), 23.9 mi (38.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Igoumenitsa
- Top activities include taking a ferry and boating, whereas Sivota Harbour, Igoumenitsa, Greece, Port of Igoumenitsa, and Lefkimmi Port are great sights to visit
- Notable landmarks include Elina, Saint Panteleimon Orthodox Church, and Doliani Castle
- The beaches, the sea and island provide a picturesque setting, and places to consider visiting are Sarakiniko Beach, Kavos Beach, and Valtos Beach
Getting around Igoumenitsa
There are plenty of options for getting around Igoumenitsa. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local port.
Staying in Igoumenitsa
With 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Igoumenitsa, you'll find a holiday retreat at an affordable rate:
- 13 hotels, ranging from GBP 27/night to GBP 95/night
- 6 apartments, ranging from GBP 41/night to GBP 98/night
Seeking a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy these traveler-recommended, smaller hotels and specialty properties:
- Edem Studios & Apartments
- Paradosi Rooms & Apartments
Edem Studios & Apartments, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating. Also Paradosi Rooms & Apartments has a 5 rating by guests.
Dressing for Igoumenitsa
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 18°C and the nighttime average to be 5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 26°C during the day and 6°C at night
- Igoumenitsa gets about 28 millimetres of rain per year