Visitors can enjoy all that Hirtshals has to offer including the aquarium, seaside and seafood restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses.
- There are 37 hotels and other accommodation options in Hirtshals
- The closest major airport is in Aalborg (AAL), 35 mi (56.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Hirtshals
The city's cultural venues include North Sea Museum and Bunkermuseet Hirtshals. Taking a ferry is just one of the top activities, while Hirtshals Havn and Hirtshals Golf Club are sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Hirtshals Beach and Nordsoen Oceanarium.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 37 hotels and other accommodation options to select from in Hirtshals. Below are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Montra Skaga Hotel - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and room size.
- Motel Nordsøen - Our customers like the breakfast and beach locale at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a terrace.
- Hotel Hirtshals - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast.
Getting around Hirtshals
With so many choices for transport, seeing Hirtshals is a breeze. If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from HIRTSHALS GR (Station), Hirtshals Lilleheden Station or Hirtshals Emmersbaek Station. You can take a ferry across the water to see more of the region.
Dressing for Hirtshals
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 7°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, whilst the average at night is 1°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 21°C with night-time averages of 7°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 14°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- Hirtshals gets about 31 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 20°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging -2°C