History buffs will enjoy a visit to Hallstatt and visitors are sure to appreciate the museums and churches. Visitors who journey to this welcoming and scenic, lakefront city can discover its restaurants, skiing, and mountains.
- There are 4 Hallstatt hotels
- August is the most expensive month to travel here, while March tends to be the cheapest
Sightseeing around Hallstatt
- Skiing, taking a ferry, and boating are top activities, while sights to visit include Gjaid Cable Car, Krippenstein Cable Car, and Gosaukamm Cable Car
- Hallstatt Salt Mines and Hallstatt Museum are popular cultural attractions
- Its historic sites and churches are notable and landmarks to visit include Parish of the Assumption, Imperial Villa and Park, and Gosaukamm Cable Car
- The lakeside and mountains highlight the natural beauty, and Dachstein Glacier, Krippenstein, and Gosausee Lake are some places worth a visit
Hallstatt is only 10 mi (16.1 km) from Schladming. Popular sights in the area include Dachstein Glacier Cable Car and Ramsau Beach.
Getting around Hallstatt
There are many transportation options in Hallstatt. You can cross the water in a ferry from the local marina.
Staying in Hallstatt
Looking for a romantic getaway, a cosy spot, or a boutique stay? You might like Heritage Hotel Hallstatt, averaging GBP 201.99 per night. A 4-star favourite with Expedia travellers is Heritage Hotel Hallstatt with a 4 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Hallstatt
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 11°C during the day and -10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 23°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July through September has daytime averages of 24°C with nighttime averages of 6°C
- In October–December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and nighttime averages of -7°C
- Hallstatt gets about 28 millimetres of rain per year