Visiting Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, and visitors give high marks for the lakeside setting, local tours and top-notch restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its cafes. Top sights in the city include Lake Powell and Bullfrog Marina.
- There are 92 hotels and other accommodation options in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
- The closest major airport is in Page, AZ (PGA-Page Municipal), 39.2 mi (63 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
The lakes and hiking trails highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam and Lone Rock Beach. Top activities include taking a tour and boating, while Bullfrog Marina, Antelope Point Marina and Wahweap Marina are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Lake Powell National Golf Course and Golliard Park.
In Monument Valley, there are 92 hotels and other accommodation options to make it easy to plan your perfect retreat at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hyatt Place Page Lake Powell - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its pool and convenient parking.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Page - Lake Powell - Our customers like the overall value and clean, comfortable rooms at this hotel. With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- La Quinta Inn & Suites by Wyndham Page at Lake Powell - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its central location and room size.
Dressing for Glen Canyon National Recreation Area
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 19°C during the day and -3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 37°C, whilst the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 38°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 27°C and night-time averages of -3°C
- About 130 millimetres of rain falls on Glen Canyon National Recreation Area each year
- Usually July and August are the hottest months with an average of 36°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging -3°C