Visitors to Glacier are sure to enjoy the skiing and mountain views. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its opera houses. Mount Baker, Cultus Lake Waterpark and Mount Baker Ski Area are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 136 hotels and other accommodation options in Glacier
- The closest major airport is in Abbotsford, BC (YXX-Abbotsford Intl.), 19.5 mi (31.4 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Bellingham, WA (BLI-Bellingham Intl.), 25.6 mi (41.2 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Glacier
The hiking trails and mountains exemplify the city's natural beauty and places to visit include Mt. Baker-Snoqualmie National Forest and Cascade Range. In the area, you'll also find Mount Baker and Cultus Lake Waterpark.
A popular place to see outside the city is Mount Baker Ski Area, located 14.4 mi (23.2 km) from the city centre.
Dressing for Glacier
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 13°C during the day and -1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 22°C, whilst the average at night is 3°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 24°C with night-time averages of 8°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 18°C and night-time averages of -1°C
- About 42 millimetres of rain falls on Glacier each year
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 23°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 0°C