Visitors to Gijon are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's monuments, parks and museums.
- There are 103 hotels and other accommodation options in Gijon
- The closest major airport is in Oviedo (OVD-Asturias), 18.5 mi (29.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Gijon
Cultural venues in the city include LABoral: Center of Art and Industrial Creation, Campo Valdes Roman Baths and Jovellanos Birthplace Museum. Attractions like Talasoponiente and Aquarium of Gijon are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Plaza de Jovellanos, Palacio de Revillagigedo, and Clock Tower.
In Periurbano - Rural, you can choose from 103 hotels and other accommodation choices to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Rural Mirador de Deva - This 3-star hotel in Distrito Rural Este features a restaurant, free parking and a bar.
- Abba Playa Gijon 4s - Our customers like the beach locale and helpful staff at this hotel. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Distrito Rural Este can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi.
- Hotel Hernán Cortés - This 4-star hotel in Gijon City Centre features free WiFi, a bar and parking. Expedia customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Getting around Gijon
To venture out into the surrounding area, hop on a train at Gijón Station. Gijon may not have many public transport options so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Gijon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be 7°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 21°C during the day and 8°C at night
- July to September averages 23°C during the day and 13°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 20°C during the day and 7°C at night
- About 900.30 millimetres of rain falls on Gijon each year
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 22°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 7°C