Visitors to Espinho are sure to enjoy the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy the city's casinos, cafes and seafood restaurants. Sandeman Cellars, Ribeira Square and Porto Cathedral are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 26 hotels and other accommodation options in Espinho
- The closest major airport is in Porto (OPO-Dr. Francisco de Sa Carneiro), 16 mi (25.7 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Espinho
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Espinho Beach, Bay Beach and Bairro Piscatório Beach. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Casino Espinho and Oporto Golf Club.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 26 hotels and other lodging options available to choose from in Espinho. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Monte Lírio Hotel - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Hotel M - Our customers like the clean rooms at this hotel. This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and a bar.
- Praiagolfe Hotel - This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a casino and a restaurant. Expedia customers like its dining options and bar.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Sandeman Cellars, 9.2 mi/14.7 km from the heart of the city, and Ribeira Square, which is 9.4 mi (15.1 km) away.
Getting around Espinho
To venture out into the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Espinho Station or Espinho-Vouga Station. Espinho might not have as many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Espinho
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 17°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 24°C, whilst the average at night is 8°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 25°C with night-time averages of 12°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 22°C and night-time averages of 5°C
- Average annual rainfall for Espinho is 1257.80 millimetres
- Usually August and July are the hottest months with an average of 24°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 5°C