Travellers to Eilat give high marks for the seaside. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its scenic landscape. Top sights in the city include Dolphin Reef and Coral Beach Nature Reserve.
- There are 194 hotels and other accommodation options in Eilat
- The closest major airport is in Aqaba (AQJ-King Hussein Intl.), 6.6 mi (10.7 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Taba (TCP-Taba Intl.), 10.6 mi (17 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Eilat
Attractions like Dolphin Reef and Coral World Underwater Observatory are fun for everyone, not just kids. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Coral Beach Nature Reserve, Princess Beach and Papaya Beach. Top activities include snorkelling and dolphin viewing, while Eilat Marina, Green Beach and Ice Mall are favourite sights to visit.
In Aqaba, you can choose from 194 hotels and other accommodation options to make planning easier for your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Dan Eilat - This 5-star hotel features 2 restaurants, free breakfast and an outdoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and pool.
- Custo Club - Our customers like the beach locale and pool at this guesthouse. Amenities at this guesthouse include an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Isrotel Lagoona - All Inclusive - With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a full-service spa and free breakfast, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and convenient parking.
Top places to visit outside the city include Port of Aqaba, located 4.1 mi (6.5 km) from the heart of the city, and Timna Park, which is 16.8 mi (27 km) away.
Dressing for Eilat
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 28°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 9°C
- From April to June, the average is 40°C during the day and 15°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 40°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 35°C as the daytime average and 11°C as the night-time average
- Eilat gets about 64.80 millimetres of rain per year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 40°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 10°C