Visiting Eastern Shore of Virginia
Nature enthusiasts will enjoy exploring Eastern Shore of Virginia, and visitors give high marks for the beaches. This city also attracts tourists with its seafood restaurants.
- There are 175 hotels and other accommodation options in Eastern Shore of Virginia
- The closest major airport is in Newport News, VA (PHF-Newport News - Williamsburg Intl.), 53.1 mi (85.5 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Salisbury, MD (SBY-Salisbury - Ocean City Wicomico Regional), 54 mi (87 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Eastern Shore of Virginia
Cultural venues in the city include Museum of Chincoteague, Red Queen Gallery and Eastern Shore Railway Museum. The city is notable for landmarks like Eyre Hall, Assateague Lighthouse and Captain Timothy Hill House. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Cape Charles Beach, Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge and Kiptopeke State Park.
In Cape Charles, you can choose from 175 accommodation choices and hotels to make planning your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Bay Haven Inn of Cape Charles - This 4-star bed & breakfast features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Chincoteague Waterfront - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Chincoteague Island - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with a private balcony. Expedia customers like its pool and proximity to shopping.
Dressing for Eastern Shore of Virginia
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 17°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -1°C
- From April to June, the average is 30°C during the day and 6°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 31°C during the day and 14°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 24°C as the daytime average and 0°C as the night-time average
- About 1142 millimetres of rain falls on Eastern Shore of Virginia each year
- July and June are usually the hottest months averaging 30°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 0°C