Guests will want to experience the shopping, restaurants and sporting events in Docklands. Walkable and welcoming, this city also attracts visitors with its bars. A top attraction is Etihad Stadium.
- There are 30 Docklands hotels
- October is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas August is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Melbourne, VIC (MEL-Tullamarine), 11.4 mi (18.3 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Docklands
- A port is one of the top activities, whereas Central Pier, Melbourne City Marina, and Melbourne Star Observation Wheel are favourite sights to visit
- Popular cultural attractions include Victoria Police Museum, National Gallery of Victoria, and Melbourne Museum
- Families come for attractions such as Melbourne Aquarium, Melbourne Zoo, and Melbourne City Baths
- St. Kilda Beach, Royal Botanic Gardens, and Luna Park are just some of the places to enjoy the area's natural beauty
- Shopping is one of the top reasons to visit, so consider an excursion to Harbour Town Shopping Centre, Queen Victoria Market and Melbourne Central
- Everyone, not just sports fans, will find lots of reasons to cheer at a game or event at Etihad Stadium, O'Brien Group Arena or Melbourne Cricket Ground
Getting around Docklands
With so many convenient transport choices, getting around Docklands is simple. To see more of the wider area, hop on a train at Spencer Street Station. You can travel down to the port to find out about water transport.
Staying in Docklands
With 36 hotels and other accommodation options in Docklands, you'll find holiday getaways at affordable rates. There are 5 aparthotels ranging from GBP 93 to GBP 217 per night.
For family trips or any other travel plans, consider the following top-rated traditional hotels:
- The Sebel Melbourne Docklands
- Travelodge Docklands
Looking for a boutique hotel or cosy spot? You may enjoy these top-rated, one-of-a-kind properties and small hotels:
- Docklands Executive Apartments
- Accent Accommodation at Docklands Melbourne
A favourite with Expedia travellers is Accent Accommodation at Docklands Melbourne with a 5 out of 5 user rating, whereas Docklands Executive Apartments and The Sebel Melbourne Docklands are also highly rated by guests.
Dressing for Docklands
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 10°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 20°C, while the average at night is 5°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 18°C with night-time averages of 5°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 24°C and nighttime averages of 7°C
- Docklands gets about 12 millimetres of rain per year