Luxury-minded travellers will find upscale places to stay in Dendermonde, though all guests will undoubtedly appreciate the horseback riding, restaurants and museums. Welcoming and cultural, this city also attracts visitors with its theatres and monuments.
- There are 3 Dendermonde hotels
- May is the most expensive month to travel here, whereas October is the most economical
- Closest major airport is in Antwerp (ANR-Antwerp Intl.), 19.2 mi (31 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing around Dendermonde
- Horseback riding is one of the top activities, whereas Scheldt Ferries Bicycle Trail, Hop Bicycle Trail, and Scheldt Dyke Bicycle Trail are favourite sights to visit
- Museums and theatres are well-known in the area, and attractions include Belgica Cultural Centre, Meat House Museum, and Zwijveke Museum
- Its historic sites and monuments are notable, and landmarks include Atomium, Aldermen's House, and Marnix de Sainte-Aldegonde Castle
Getting around Dendermonde
Dendermonde has many options for getting around. If you want to venture outside of the area, take a train from Dendermonde Station.
Staying in Dendermonde
You may appreciate Abalona for a romantic getaway or boutique stay.
Abalona, a favourite with Expedia travellers, has a 5 out of 5 user rating.
Dressing for Dendermonde
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 1°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 21°C, while the average at night is 4°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 23°C with night-time averages of 10°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and nighttime averages of 2°C
- About 30 millimetres of rain falls on Dendermonde each year