Visitors can enjoy all that Dawson has to offer including the shopping, churches and restaurants. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments.
- You'll find 38 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Albany
- The closest major airport is in Albany, GA (ABY-Southwest Georgia Regional), 22.1 mi (35.5 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Dawson
Places to visit in the larger region include Maranatha Baptist Church, Albany Museum of Art and Jimmy Carter National Historic Site. You'll also find Jimmy Carter Peanut and Georgia Visitor Information Center - Plains in the area.
As you plan for your holiday to Dawson, you might not find accommodation options centrally located, but you can choose from 30 lodging options within the bigger area. Listed here are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Wingate by Wyndham Albany is located 16.2 mi (26 km) from the heart of Dawson. Guests who stay at this 2.5-star hotel in Albany can enjoy access to free breakfast and an outdoor pool, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its quiet location and helpful staff.
- Quality Inn at Albany Mall is 16.6 mi (26.7 km) from central Dawson. This 2.5-star hotel in Albany features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its helpful staff and comfortable rooms.
- Best Western Plus Windsor Hotel is 24.7 mi (39.7 km) from the centre of Dawson. This 3-star hotel in Americus features a restaurant, free WiFi and free parking. Our customers like its overall value and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Dawson
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 24°C during the day and 3°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 33°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 33°C with night-time averages of 16°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 29°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Dawson is 1282.10 millimetres
- Usually July and June are the hottest months with an average of 33°C, whereas January and February are often coldest, averaging 4°C