Visiting Dana Point
Travellers to Dana Point give high marks for the beaches. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its golf courses. Top sights in the city include Dana Point Harbor and Doheny State Beach.
- There are 104 hotels and other accommodation options in Dana Point
- The closest major airport is in Orange County, CA (SNA-John Wayne), 17.4 mi (28 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Fullerton, CA (FUL-Fullerton Municipal), 32.2 mi (51.8 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Dana Point
The beaches and sunsets highlight the city's natural beauty with places to visit including Doheny State Beach, Salt Creek Beach Park and Baby Beach. Exploring the port, whale watching and camping are top activities, while sights to visit include Dana Point Harbor. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Dana Cove Park and Ocean Institute.
In San Clemente, there are 104 hotels and other accommodation choices so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. These are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Blue Lantern Inn, A Four Sisters Inn - With a stay at this 3.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with a private spa tub. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and convenient parking.
- Monarch Beach Resort - Our customers love the family-friendly amenities and comfortable rooms at this resort. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Monarch Beach can enjoy access to 3 outdoor pools and a full-service spa, along with free WiFi.
- Best Western Plus Dana Point Inn-by-the-sea - This 2.5-star hotel in Capistrano Beach features free breakfast, free parking and a spa tub. Expedia customers like its breakfast and comfortable, quiet rooms.
In the surrounding area, top places to visit include Mission San Juan Capistrano, 3 mi/4.8 km from the city centre, and Main Beach Park, which is 7.3 mi (11.7 km) away.
Dressing for Dana Point
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 21°C during the day and 6°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 25°C, whilst the average at night is 9°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 27°C with night-time averages of 14°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 26°C and night-time averages of 6°C
- Dana Point gets about 331 millimetres of rain per year
- Usually August and September are the hottest months with an average of 27°C, whereas December and January are often coldest, averaging 7°C