Visiting Coos Bay
Families will find kid-friendly activities in Coos Bay, and visitors give high marks for the top-notch restaurants. Tourists who journey to this welcoming city can discover its beaches, casinos and shopping. A top sight in the city is Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area.
- You'll find 2888 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Oregon Coast
- The closest major airport is in North Bend, OR (OTH-Southwest Oregon Regional), 6.5 mi (10.4 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Coos Bay
The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the beaches and these places to visit: Oregon Dunes National Recreation Area, Shore Acres State Park and Cape Arago State Park. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Coos Bay Boardwalk and Watson Ranch Golf.
As you plan your holiday getaway, you'll find 27 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Coos Bay. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Best Western Holiday Hotel - This 2.5-star hotel features free breakfast, an indoor pool and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and beach locale.
- Edgewater Inn Coos Bay - Our customers like the beach locale and comfortable, quiet rooms at this motel. With a stay at this 2-star motel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi.
- Red Lion Hotel Coos Bay - This 3-star hotel features a restaurant, an outdoor pool and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its beach locale and room size.
Popular places to see in the area include Bandon Dunes Golf Resort, 16.8 mi/27 km from the city centre, and Bandon Beach, which is 22.5 mi (36.2 km) away.
Dressing for Coos Bay
- Between January and March, you can expect average temperatures of 12°C during the day and 4°C at night
- From April to June, the average during the day is 17°C, whilst the average at night is 6°C
- July to September has daytime averages of 19°C with night-time averages of 9°C
- Between October and December, you can expect daytime averages of 17°C and night-time averages of 4°C
- Average annual rainfall for Coos Bay is 1648.50 millimetres
- Usually September and August are the hottest months with an average of 18°C, whereas December and February are often coldest, averaging 4°C