Visitors can enjoy all that Cookstown has to offer including the churches and archaeological sites. The relaxing and secluded setting also entices those visiting the city.
- There are 8 hotels and other accommodation options in Cookstown
- The closest major airport is in Belfast (BFS-Belfast Intl.), 23.1 mi (37.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Londonderry (LDY-City of Derry), 31.5 mi (50.7 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Cookstown
Notable city landmarks like Tullaghoge Fort and Beaghmore Stone Circles might be worth a visit. You'll also find Dungannon Leisure Centre and Lough Neagh in the area.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 8 hotels and other lodging options to choose from in Cookstown. Here are top ones based on our user reviews:
- Glenavon House Hotel - This 3-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and an indoor pool. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its clean rooms.
- Belfast House - This 3.5-star inn is a favourite with Expedia travellers for its clean, comfortable rooms and breakfast.
- Royal Hotel - This 2-star hotel features free breakfast, free WiFi and free parking. Expedia customers like its bar and breakfast.
Dressing for Cookstown
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 11°C and the night-time average to be 2°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 18°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 18°C during the day and 8°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 14°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Cookstown is 31 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually August and July with an average temperature of 18°C, while the coldest months are January and March with an average of 2°C