Visitors can enjoy all that Coimbatore has to offer including the temples, basketball games and theme park. Tourists can also enjoy the city's zoo and churches. Top sights in the city include CHIL SEZ IT Park and Dhyanalinga.
- There are 151 hotels and other accommodation options in Coimbatore
- The closest major airport is in Coimbatore (CJB), 10.6 mi (17.1 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Coimbatore
Attractions like Patteeswarar temple, Perur Pateeswarar Temple and Perur Patteeswara Swamy Temple are fun for kids of all ages. The city is notable for landmarks like Dhyanalinga, ISKCON Coimbatore and Puliakulam Vinayagar Temple. The city's natural beauty is on display at CHIL SEZ IT Park, Science Park and Tidel Park Coimbatore IT SEZ.
In Anaikatti, you'll find 151 hotels and other accommodation options so you can easily plan your holiday getaway at an affordable rate. Below are top ones based on our user reviews:
- WelcomHotel Coimbatore-Member ITC Hotel Group - With a stay at this 5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and an outdoor pool, along with WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- Le Meridien Coimbatore - Our customers like the breakfast and pool at this hotel. This 5-star hotel in Peelamedu features 4 restaurants, an outdoor pool and free WiFi.
- Fairfield by Marriott Coimbatore - Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Peelamedu can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its dining options and breakfast.
Getting around Coimbatore
If you want to journey outside the city, ride aboard a train from Coimbatore North Station, Coimbatore Junction Station or Coimbatore Ettimadai Station. Coimbatore might not have many public transport choices so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Coimbatore
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 37°C and the night-time average to be 18°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 37°C during the day and 22°C at night
- July to September averages 32°C during the day and 22°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 32°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Coimbatore gets about 629 millimetres of rain per year
- Hottest months are usually April and March with an average temperature of 36°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of 19°C