Visiting Chrissi Island
Those travelling to Chrissi Island are sure to enjoy the sights to see and things to do. There are 210 hotels and other accommodation options in the surrounding area. The closest major airport is in Sitia (JSH), 32.4 mi (52.2 km) from the city centre.
Sightseeing and Staying in Chrissi Island
Places to visit in the larger region include Waterfall of Milona, Koutsounari Long Beach and Sidonia Beach. In the area, you'll also find Ierapetra Venetian Fort and Ierapetra Archaeological Museum.
As you make plans for a getaway to Chrissi Island, your ideal accommodation may not be centrally located but you'll find 28 hotels and other lodging options within the local area. Below are places to stay in the surrounding area:
- Daios Cove Luxury Resort & Villas is located 18.9 mi (30.5 km) from the heart of Chrissi Island. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Agios Nikolaos can enjoy access to a full-service spa and a private beach, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and clean, comfortable rooms.
- Sunshine Crete Beach - All Inclusive is 12 mi (19.4 km) from central Chrissi Island. Guests who stay at this 5-star resort in Ierapetra can enjoy access to 2 outdoor pools and a free water park, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its helpful staff.
- El Greco Hotel is 9.7 mi (15.5 km) from the centre of Chrissi Island. This 3-star hotel in Ierapetra features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. Our customers like its breakfast and beach locale.
Dressing for Chrissi Island
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 9°C
- From April to June, the average is 28°C during the day and 11°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 29°C during the day and 19°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 25°C as the daytime average and 10°C as the night-time average
- About 20 millimetres of rain falls on Chrissi Island each year
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 28°C, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 9°C