Visitors to Chinon are sure to enjoy the gardens. Tourists can also enjoy the city's wineries, museums and monuments. Royal Abbey of Fontevaud, Chateau de Montsoreau and Chateau de Breze are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 39 hotels and other accommodation options in Chinon
- The closest major airport is in Tours (TUF-Tours - Loire Valley), 28.7 mi (46.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Chinon
Cycling is one of the top activities, while Domaine Couly-Dutheil, Maison Couly Dutheil and Pierre et Bertrand Couly are favourite sights to visit. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Royal Fortress of Chinon and Maison de la Riviere.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 39 hotels and other accommodation options to choose from in Chinon. Here you'll find top ranked ones based on our user reviews:
- Hôtel Diderot - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a bar and parking, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and overall value.
- La Boule d'Or - Our customers like the dining options and convenient parking at this hotel. With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a bar, along with free Internet.
- Hostellerie Gargantua - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to a restaurant and a library, along with in-room flat-screen TVs. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Outside the city, popular places to visit include Royal Abbey of Fontevaud, located 8.9 mi (14.4 km) from the heart of the city, and Chateau de Montsoreau, which is 9 mi (14.5 km) away.
Getting around Chinon
If you want to explore the larger area, hop on a train at Chinon Station. Chinon may not have many public transport choices so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Chinon
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 13°C and the night-time average to be 1°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 24°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September averages 26°C during the day and 10°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 19°C during the day and 3°C at night
- About 676.20 millimetres of rain falls on Chinon each year
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 25°C, while the coldest months are February and January with an average of 2°C