Visitors can enjoy all that Chateauroux has to offer including the museums and restaurants. Tourists to the city can also enjoy its welcoming locals.
- There are 17 hotels and other accommodation options in Chateauroux
- The closest major airport is in Chateauroux (CHR-Chateauroux - Centre), 3 mi (4.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Chateauroux
The city's cultural venues include Hotel Bertrand Museum and Museum of the Cordeliers Convent. In the area, you'll also find National Shooting Sport Center and Pavillion des Ducs.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 17 hotels and other lodging options to select from in Chateauroux. Here are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Elysée Hotel - With a stay at this 3-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast.
- Le Continental - Our customers like the breakfast and central location at this hotel. Amenities at this hotel include a restaurant and free WiFi.
- Christina - With a stay at this 2-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free parking and a bar, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and overall value.
Getting around Chateauroux
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Châteauroux Station or Chateauroux Routiere Station. Chateauroux may not have many public transport options so consider a car rental to maximise your time.
Dressing for Chateauroux
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 15°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 1°C
- From April to June, the average is 24°C during the day and 5°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 27°C during the day and 11°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 22°C as the daytime average and 2°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Chateauroux is 665.50 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 26°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 2°C