Visiting Charles Town
History buffs will enjoy exploring Charles Town, and visitors give high marks for the casinos. Tourists can also enjoy the city's entertainment choices and cathedral. A top sight in the area is Harpers Ferry National Historical Park.
- You'll find 161 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Martinsburg
- The closest major airport is in Martinsburg, WV (MRB-Eastern West Virginia Regional), 10.7 mi (17.2 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Hagerstown, MD (HGR-Hagerstown Regional), 29.5 mi (47.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Charles Town
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Zion Episcopal Church Cemetery and Gibson-Todd House. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Charles Town Library and Old Opera House.
As you plan your holiday, you'll find 11 hotels and other lodging options to pick from in Charles Town. These are top ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- The Carriage Inn B&B - With a stay at this 3.5-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with an in-room fireplace. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and central location.
- Hillbrook Inn - Our customers like the breakfast and quiet location at this B&B. With a stay at this 4-star bed & breakfast, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and free parking, along with free WiFi.
- Hampton Inn & Suites Charles Town, WV - With a stay at this 2.5-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and an indoor pool, along with free WiFi. Expedia customers like its helpful staff and clean, comfortable rooms.
One of the top places to see in the surrounding area is Harpers Ferry National Historical Park, 7.3 mi/11.8 km from the city centre.
Dressing for Charles Town
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be -5°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 3°C at night
- July to September averages 30°C during the day and 9°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 21°C during the day and -5°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Charles Town is 983 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and June with an average temperature of 29°C, while the coldest months are January and December with an average of -5°C