Visitors to Castelsardo are sure to enjoy the seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's coffee shops and seafood restaurants. St. Nicholas Cathedral, Giovanni Antonio Sanna National Museum and Balai Beach are some of the top sights around the area.
- There are 185 hotels and other accommodation options in Castelsardo
- The closest major airport is in Alghero (AHO-Fertilia), 29.3 mi (47.1 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Olbia (OLB-Costa Smeralda), 41.9 mi (67.5 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Castelsardo
The city is notable for its historic sites and landmarks like Doria Castle and Sant'Antonio Abate Cathedral. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and these places to visit: Lu Bagnu Beach, Baja Ostina Beach and Elephant Rock. A couple of additional sights to add to your agenda are Port of Castelsardo and Museum of Mediterranean Weaving.
In Sorso, you'll find 185 accommodation choices and hotels to make it easy to plan your perfect holiday retreat at an affordable rate. Here are top ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Nantis - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its beach locale and convenient parking.
- Bajaloglia Resort - Our customers like the dining options and breakfast at this hotel. With a stay at this 4-star hotel, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free Internet.
- Meli Hotel - Amenities at this property include free breakfast and free WiFi. Expedia customers like its breakfast and helpful staff.
Popular places to see in the area include St. Nicholas Cathedral, 15.2 mi/24.5 km from the city centre, and Giovanni Antonio Sanna National Museum, which is 15.3 mi (24.6 km) away.
Dressing for Castelsardo
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 18°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around 7°C
- From April to June, the average is 29°C during the day and 9°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 32°C during the day and 16°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 26°C as the daytime average and 8°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Castelsardo is 556.20 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 31°C, while February and January are usually the coldest with an average temperature of 7°C