Get an overview of this hotel5-star Cardiff hostel in Butetown, near Cardiff University
Collecting Nectar Points
Simply enter your Nectar card number when you check out. Your points will be credited 35 days after you return from your trip.
*Terms and conditions apply.
Popular property highlights
Located in Butetown, this hostel is within 1 mile (2 km) of Cardiff Bay, Principality Stadium and Cardiff Castle. National Museum Cardiff and Wales Millennium Centre are also within 1 mile (2 km). Cardiff Queen Street Station is 15 minutes by foot and Cardiff Central Station is 17 minutes.
Along with a restaurant, this smoke-free hostel has a bar/lounge and a coffee shop/café. Free WiFi in public areas and free self parking are also provided. Additionally, a meeting room and a 24-hour front desk are on-site.
All 89 rooms offer complimentary wireless Internet access.
YHA Cardiff Central - Hostel
The hostel offers a restaurant and a coffee shop/café. A bar/lounge is on site where guests can unwind with a drink. Public areas are equipped with complimentary wireless Internet access. Complimentary self-parking is available on-site.
YHA Cardiff Central - Hostel is a smoke-free property.
- Luggage storage
- Total number of rooms - 89
- Coffee shop or café
- One meeting room
- Free self parking
- Free WiFi
- Breakfast available (surcharge)
- Smoke-free property
- 24-hour front desk
Available in all rooms: Free WiFi
Available in some public areas: Free WiFi
Free self parking
- Limited housekeeping
- Free WiFi
- Shared/communal kitchen
Where to Eat
Buffet breakfasts are available for a surcharge.
YHA Cardiff Central - Hostel has a restaurant on site.
Check-in time starts at 2 PM
Check-in time ends at midnight
Special check-in instructions:
Check-out time is 10 AM
Children and extra beds
- Children are welcome.
- Rollaway/extra beds are not available.
- Cribs (infant beds) are not available.
- Pets not allowed (service animals welcome)
You need to know
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guest room reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 6.25 per person (approximately)
This property has received its official star rating from Visit Wales.