Visitors can enjoy all that Camden has to offer including the aquarium, seafood restaurants and rivers. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its live music. Top sights in the city include BB&T Pavilion and Adventure Aquarium.
- You'll find 103 Expedia hotels and other accommodation options in the larger area of Mount Laurel
- The closest major airport is in Philadelphia, PA (PHL-Philadelphia Intl.), 8.3 mi (13.3 km) from the city centre
- The next closest is in Philadelphia, PA (PNE-Northeast Philadelphia), 10.7 mi (17.3 km) away
Sightseeing and Staying in Camden
Cultural venues in the city include BB&T Pavilion, Battleship New Jersey and Rutgers - Camden Center for the Arts. Favourite family attractions include Adventure Aquarium and Camden Children's Garden. The city is notable for landmarks like St. Joseph Polish Catholic Church, Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception and Walt Whitman House.
As you plan your holiday to Camden, the perfect accommodation may not be centrally located but there are 748 hotels and lodging options locally. Here are places to stay within 5 miles of the city centre.
- Sonesta Philadelphia Rittenhouse Square is located 3.6 mi (5.7 km) from the city centre. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features a restaurant, free WiFi and a health club. Our customers like its dining options and central location.
- Warwick Hotel Rittenhouse Square is 3.4 mi (5.5 km) from the city's heart. This 4-star hotel in Philadelphia features 2 restaurants, free WiFi and a 24-hour fitness centre. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
- Philadelphia Marriott Downtown is located within 3 mi (4.9 km) of the city centre. Guests who stay at this 4-star hotel in Philadelphia can enjoy access to 2 restaurants and an indoor pool, along with pillowtop beds. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its central location and comfortable rooms.
Outside the city, top places to visit include Penn's Landing, 1.9 mi/3.1 km from the heart of the city, and Independence Hall, which is 2.4 mi (3.9 km) away.
Dressing for Camden
- Between January and March, you can expect the daytime average to be around 15°C and the night-time average to be -4°C
- From April to June, temperatures average about 30°C during the day and 4°C at night
- July to September averages 31°C during the day and 12°C at night
- Between October and December, the average temperature is 22°C during the day and -3°C at night
- Average annual rainfall for Camden is 1053 millimetres
- Hottest months are usually July and August with an average temperature of 30°C, while the coldest months are January and February with an average of -3°C