Mixed and expensive for what it is
Posted 10-Nov-2015 on Hotels
A mixture of strengths and weaknesses. On the positive side, the hotel is well located near the main square, but has no Brugge atmosphere as such. The room was clean with a well equipped bathroom (though no bath - shower only).
Breakfast was weak for the following reasons :-
(1) The fresh orange juice that some reviewers have mentioned is there, but is not on the buffet table. One is handed a glass with 1 inch (2.5cm) of orange juice in the bottom - I'm not joking!
(2) The buffet table is far too small for the number of guests staying in the hotel. This both restricts the amount of food items available and also makes it difficult to access.
(3) Regarding eggs, there is the following notice "Eggs are only available on request...and with patience please". I interpreted this as "Please don't ask for an egg". Looking around, that's how everyone else had interpreted it.
(4) Pastries all gone 1/4 hour before stated end of breakfast time.
The breakfast offering gives the impression that the hotel is trying to keep food costs to a minimum and this together with having to pay on arrival means that the concept of hospitality has been subordinated to the purpose of revenue collection and maximization. One understands that a hotel is a business, but there is a better balance to be struck here.
Back on the positives, the staff were very helpful in giving directions.
Comment from Hotel Management
16-Jan-2016 by Veronique, Hotel Management
Thank you for the strength .. regretting the weeknes.
but than we can only learn... and try to explain..and improve ..as this is how one get's misunderstandings out of this world trying to make all ... ...Alegria .
We offer 3 rooms on the 14 rooms with bath and integrated shower as a 3 star.. ( see roominfo ) .This is for our guests to choose at reservation . A bathroom with bath is not standard in a 3 star hotel sir.
1. fresh juice .. not common in a 3 star offered inclusive.. quantity and quality superior .same as our fruit being freshly cut prime fruit .. sorry sir one glass is not the other.. not joking either. This is standard in 4 star hotels.
2.Buffet table is large enough for 14 rooms. When all come down at the same time is it is indicated to have a moment of patience.
It is an open buffet.. easy to acces except when crowded .. no idea what you mean difficult to acces!?
3. About the eggs .. Yes sir.. patience when like this morning when 6 on 14 rooms ask each a different cooking...Sorry .. no hard feelings!? and yes we do come at table to ask if all is satisfactory.
4 This morning we backed 49 patisseries 8 are left over .. and yes sir they are goodies like our guests call them. We follow up baking them freshly ...but again patience is requested. The oven takes 12 minutes!
5 Guests are notified kindly that payment is requested at arrival
( hotel policy / and on your reservation sir and on your confirmation ) offering the guest the option for cash payment or card payment or use another card than the one they gave as guarantee. Some hotels pre charge the cards. We offer our guests to decide on there choice of payment. So you see sir one can only dot it's best. As this choice is also made to avoid a possible ...queue at check out.
We regret not having had any remarks during your stay .
as there we were not offered the option to do something about it. Making your stay more Alegria ***
We thank you as we learned and .. wish you all the best.
Family De Muynck
Hotel Alegria ***