Visiting Borgarfjordur Eystri
Visitors to Borgarfjordur Eystri are sure to enjoy the spas and seaside. Tourists can also enjoy the city's northern lights and cafes.
- There are 2 hotels and other accommodation options in Borgarfjordur Eystri
- The closest major airport is in Egilsstadir (EGS), 26 mi (41.8 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Borgarfjordur Eystri
Notable city landmarks like Bakkageroi Church and Lindarbakki House might be worth a visit. The city's natural setting is picturesque, including the the sea and Hafnarhólmi. Additionally, you'll find Innra Hvannagil Gorge in the area.
Below is a top-rated accommodation option based on our user reviews:
- Blabjorg Guesthouse - With a stay at this 2-star guesthouse, guests can enjoy access to free breakfast and a restaurant, along with free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its breakfast and clean, comfortable rooms.
Dressing for Borgarfjordur Eystri
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 2°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -4°C
- From April to June, the average is 9°C during the day and -2°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 11°C during the day and 3°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 6°C as the daytime average and -3°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Borgarfjordur Eystri is 31 millimetres
- August and July are usually the hottest months averaging 10°C, while February and March are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -3°C