Visitors can enjoy all that Blankenburg has to offer including the gardens, churches and zoo. Tourists can also enjoy so much more including its monuments. Around the area, top sights include Hexentanzplatz, Brocken and Wurmberg.
- There are 20 hotels and other accommodation options in Blankenburg
- The closest major airport is in Hecklingen (CSO-Magdeburg - Cochstedt), 19.4 mi (31.2 km) from the city centre
Sightseeing and Staying in Blankenburg
A favourite place to visit in the city is Blankenburg Castle. Additionally, in the area you'll find Hexentanzplatz and Brocken.
As you plan your holiday retreat, you'll find 20 hotels and other accommodation options to pick from in Blankenburg. Here are highly ranked ones based on Expedia user reviews:
- Hotel Gut Voigtländer - This 4-star hotel features free breakfast, a restaurant and free WiFi. It's a favourite with Expedia travellers for its location.
- Blankenburg, The Originals Relais (GreenLine) - Our customers like the breakfast and helpful staff at this hotel. This 4-star hotel features a full-service spa, a restaurant and free parking.
One of the popular sights in the surrounding area is Wurmberg, 15.7 mi/25.3 km from the heart of the city.
Getting around Blankenburg
To see more of the surrounding area, ride one of the trains from Blankenburg (Harz) Station or Börnecke/Harz Station. Blankenburg might not have as many public transport options to choose from so consider renting a car to explore the city.
Dressing for Blankenburg
- Between January and March, daytime temperatures average 3°C, whilst night-time temperatures stay around -8°C
- From April to June, the average is 14°C during the day and -4°C at night
- July to September sees average temperatures of 16°C during the day and 2°C at night
- Between October and December, you can expect 9°C as the daytime average and -6°C as the night-time average
- Average annual rainfall for Blankenburg is 690.70 millimetres
- July and August are usually the hottest months averaging 15°C, while January and February are usually the coldest with an average temperature of -7°C